Below are the most frequently asked questions about Internet Banking from Merchants Bank. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, you can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 256-734-8110.
GENERAL PRODUCT QUESTIONS
- What is Internet Banking?
- How much does Internet Banking cost?
- What are the software and hardware requirements?
- What Internet browsers can I use with Internet Banking?
- How do I sign up for Internet Banking?
- How do I log on to Internet Banking for the first time?
- How do I get a new Internet Banking password?
- How do I change my password?
- How do account transfers work?
- I use Quicken now, but I am very interested in Internet Banking. What can I do?
1. What is Internet banking?
Internet Banking lets you use a personal computer and telephone line (modem) to perform your banking through the Internet, including checking balances, transferring money, paying bills and more.
2. How much does Internet Banking cost?
Internet Banking is FREE when you use it to access account information, balance your register and conduct transactions, such as account transfers, etc.
Optional online Bill Payer is available for unlimited bill pays and is FREE.
This service allows you to pay virtually anyone - companies or individuals - at any time. You can even schedule to pay recurring bills, such as car, mortgage and insurance payments.
3. What are the software and hardware requirements?
All you need to use Internet Banking is a secure browser. This product is best viewed using the following browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer 7+ or Mozilla Firefox 3+. You can use any computer that accesses the Internet.
4. What Internet browsers can I use with Internet Banking?
You may use Microsoft Internet Explorer 7+ or Mozilla Firefox 3+. These browsers support secure transactions over the Internet using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
5. How do I sign up for Internet Banking?
Merchants Bank customers: Click on INTERNET BANKING On-line APPLICATION and complete the information. You choose your sign-on information and password. You will be notified when your application has been enrolled.
Non-Merchants Bank customers: Just visit one of our local offices to open your FREE checking account. A customer service representative will be glad to sign you up for FREE Internet Banking.
For more information, please call us at 256-734-8110 or e-mail us at email@example.com.
6. How do I log on to Internet Banking for the first time?
To log on, enter your Login ID and the password that you have chosen at the time you enrolled on-line. You will be prompted to accept or decline the Internet Banking Agreement. We strongly recommend that you use passwords that are 6 to 8 characters long and preferably be composed of alpha numeric construction. While we don't enforce password changes, we encourage that you change your password every 60 to 90 days. This will help to protect your account from unauthorized use. You can change your password by selecting the CHANGE PIN tab under INTERNET BANKING.
7. How do I get a new Internet Banking password?
Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call an Electronic Banking Customer Service Representative at 256-734-8110 to have your current password reset.
8. How do I change my password?
To change your password at anytime, select User Info, Change Password and enter a new password then submit..
9. How do account transfers work?
You can transfer funds to and from your checking, savings and money market accounts. Transfers conducted at the following times on a business day will be processed and completed accordingly:
- Before 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time: same evening
- After 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time: next business day
10. I use Quicken now, but I am very interested in Internet Banking. What can I do?
You can export select transaction information from Internet Banking to your Quicken, Microsoft Money or Quickbooks program using the Quicken Import File (QIF) format.